Labour and Industrial Law-II
1. The Industrial Disputes Act ( Contd )
2. Wage - Concept and Kinds of Wages
- 2.1 Concept - National Wage Policy
- 2.1.1 Theories of wages : marginal productivity, subsistence, wages fund, supply
- 2.2 Kinds of wages- (a) Minimum Wage; (b) Fair Wage; (c) Living Wage
- 2.3 Components of wages : dearness allowance, principle of fixation.
- 2.4 The Minimum Wage Act, 1948
- 2.5 Machinery under the Act for the Fixation of Minimum Wage
- 2.6 The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 : Salient Features
- 2.6.1 Protection of wages : non-payment, delayed payment,
- 2.6.2 Unauthorised deductions - remedial measures.
4. Health and Safety: legislative controls : factory, mines and plantations.
5. Leading Cases