Procedure for Application
Application Form and Information Brochure for CLAT 2015
i. The CLAT 2015 Online Application Form will be accessible on the CLAT website (www.clat.ac.in) between 1st January, 2015 to 31st March, 2015 along-with the Information Brochure. No hard copy of the Application Form and Information Brochure will be sold.
ii. CLAT 2015 Information Brochure (not the application form) will also be accessible from the respective website of all the participating NLU(s).
Mode of Payment Through CLAT 2015 Website
A candidate will have to make payment on three occasions through CLAT website viz,
(i) submitting the Online Application Form
(ii) if interested in downloading the Previous Year’s Question papers and
(iii) while participating in the counseling session.
A candidate will have to make online/offline payment through CLAT website.
The online payment can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc. wherein the candidate will have to bear the additional bank transaction charges for remitting the fees through payment gateways.For paying the fees offline through website, the candidate will have to download the ‘Bank Challan‘ that will be generated with the required information, as filled in by the candidate, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the designated bank. After making the requisite payment at the bank, the candidate needs to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of application form on the website.
CLAT 2015 Application Fee
i. For Unreserved/OBC/PWD and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/-
ii. For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/-
iii. The above application fee includes cost of online application form and e-brochure.
iv. Previous year e-Question Papers of CLAT shall be available on the payment of Rs. 250/- only. For this the mode of payment is Online only.
Mode of Application
i. There is only one mode of application i.e. online which can be accessed by a candidate after registering himself/herself on the CLAT website by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. The Online Application Form can be submitted only between 1st January, 2015 to 31st March, 2015 (11:59 P.M.). The submitted Online Application Form in PDF format and other details will be available and accessible in the LOGIN ACCOUNT of the candidate.
ii. No copies of the filled in Online Application Form or uploaded certificates/documents need to be sent to the CLAT Office separately .
iii. The Hall-Ticket/Admit Card may be accessed / downloaded by the candidate in the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidate is required to take the printout of the Admit Card to the Examination Hall.
iv. Incomplete application or application in any mode other than online or application after the last date and time shall not be considered. It shall be the obligation of the candidate to fill the Online Application Form in a timely manner and the Organizing University, i.e. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow – 226012 (U.P.) shall not be responsible in anyway.
Documents To Be Uploaded During Online Application
The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the CLAT 2015 Information Brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University only at the time of admission. The relevant copies of the certificates/documents in support of one’s claim for admission are to be uploaded while filling the Online Application Form (photograph and signature of the candidate and parent/guardianneed not be attested).
i. The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/jpg format by all the candidates are:
a. Birth Certificate, if not available then standard 10th passing certificate issued by recognized board or Passport can be uploaded
b. Standard 10th Marksheet
c. Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized Board (for UG Courses).
d. Qualifying Examination Marksheet/Certificate such as LL.B. or its equivalent examination certificate from a recognized University (for PG Courses).
e. Front Facing Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
f. Signature of candidate [JPG Format, SIZE-within 100 KB]
ii. The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF format by a candidate depending on the applicability are:
a. Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC)
b. Disability Certificate (Persons With Disability, P.W.D.)
c. Special Category certificate like E.B.C.; B.C.; W.B.C.; D.F.F.; S.E.B.C.; Ancestral residents of village Sidhuwal, District Patiala; Son / Daughter of Defense Personnel Deployed in U.P. or Defense Personnel of U.P. either retired or killed/ disabled in action; Dependant of Freedom Fighter of U.P. and Kashmiri Migrant.
d. Certificates in support of one’s claim for NRI/NRI Sponsored Candidate.
e. Domicile Certificate in support of one’s claim for consideration under State Quota
The certificates/documents listed above are essential requirements for admission to the UG and PG courses. In addition to the above, the candidates may be required to submit such other certificates/ documents as may be specified by various Universities in their respective websites and also in the Instructions for Admission to UG/ PG Programmes issued along-with the List of Allotted Candidates from time to time. Further, the candidates will also be required to submit Photocopies of the relevant certificates/documents as may be specified/ required by the concerned universities.
Declaration of Results
CLAT 2015 result will be published on 20th May 2015 on the CLAT Website (www.clat.ac.in) with an overall merit list of candidates prepared according to their CLAT Score along with their categories. In addition, state specific and all India merit lists will be prepared for various categories of candidates like Unreserved/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women/ PWD etc. The candidate will be able to access the results through the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT.
Admission to the U.G. Programme
1. The merit list-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT 2015 and the allotment of candidates to various NLU(s) will be based on the same. Hence, an online counseling would take place after the announcement of the CLAT 2015 results from 21st May 2015, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLU(s) for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule.
2. The specified number of the candidates from various categories will be allowed to participate in the online counseling against the actual seats available with the participating NLU(s), by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT created by them at the time of registration and depositing the adjustable fees of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only) either online/offline by bank challan through the website.
3. The candidates seriously interested in taking admission must deposit the required fees so as to be considered against the seats available with an NLU. The candidates failing to deposit the required fees through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
4. The university-wise first provisional allotment list based on merit-cum-preference will be published on the CLAT Website. The list will also be made available to the respective participating Universities.
5. The provisionally selected candidates allotted to various NLUs will have to reserve their seats within a stipulated period at this stage by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidates will be provided with three options viz.,
(a) I hereby take admission with the allotted university and do not want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference (This option can be availed only once), or
(b) I hereby take admission with the allotted university and also want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference, or
(c) I hereby do not want to take part in the admission process.
Any of the above options exercised by the candidate will be treated as final and irrevocable. The candidates failing to reserve their seat through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
6. A list of waitlisted candidates will also be issued along with the Provisional Allotment List, from the specified list of candidates who had undertaken the counseling after remitting the fees. The comprehensive list will be prepared by picking up candidates proportionately from various categories such as Unreserved/SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI etc. both from the All India and State (Domicile) category of candidates.
7. If required, the CLAT Office will publish three more times the Subsidiary List of candidates allotted to various Universities against the actual left out seats.
8. After depositing the required amount of fees and taking part in the counseling session with the CLAT office by the stipulated date, if the waitlisted candidates fail to get a seat in any of the Universities due to non-availability of vacancy, the entire amount of Rs. 50,000/- deposited by such candidates will be refunded to them without any deduction.
9. If the candidates in the specified list for participation in counseling do not deposit the required amount of fees (i.e. Rs. 50,000/-) in adequate numbers for being considered against probable vacancies, if any, in future, and if the list of such candidates gets exhausted and some vacancies still remain thereafter, then a fresh counseling session will be undertaken by the CLAT Office.
10. After the candidates are finally allotted to various Universities, the candidates will be required to approach the allotted Universities with the balance amount towards the admission fees and the relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates, during the scheduled periods given in the CLAT-2015 Calendar and complete the admission formalities. The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission. For detailed information/update about the dates kindly check the CLAT Calendar.
11. The candidate not having the required certificates/documents in original and failing to satisfy the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to take admission by the concerned Universities. Hence, the candidates seeking admission under various categories – especially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI and the Unreserved category candidates seeking admission under State Domicile category – will be required to obtain in advance the relevant and authentic certificates/ documents from the competent authorities and produce the same at the time of admission.
12. Those candidates who fail to report to the Universities and complete the admission formalities as per CLAT-2015 Calendar will forfeit their claim for admission and their seats will be filled-up by the University by following its own procedure and not by the CLAT Office. The respective Universities will be reporting the details of admission against the Allotment list to the CLAT Office by 28th June 2015 including the number of vacancies that might remain due to non-reporting of the candidates allotted under the Actual Allotment List. This would help the CLAT Office make the declaration of the next allotment list with up gradated and wait listed candidates on 1st July 2015 and complete the admission process up to 4th July, 2015. For detailed information/update about the dates kindly check the CLAT Calendar.
13. While the candidates will be required to pay the balance amount of fees to the allotted Universities at the time of completing the admission formalities, the adjustable amount of Rs. 50,000/- deposited with the CLAT Office will be transferred to the respective Universities after the completion of the admission process.
14. The candidates withdrawing from the admission process after the stipulated date will be refunded the amount by the CLAT Office after deducting the processing charge of Rs. 10,000/-.