Labour and Industrial Laws-I
1. Historical perspectives on Labour:
- 1.1 Labour through the ages - slave labour-caste basis -labour during feudal days.
- 1.2 Colonial labour law and policy
- 1.3 Fromlaissez faire to welfarism and to globalisation: transition from exploitation to protection and from contract to status : changing perspectives on labour.
2. Trade unionism :The Trade Unions Act, 1926
- 2.1 Evolution and Growth of Trade Unions in India
- 2.2 Trade Union - Definition, Registration and Recognition
- 2.3 Immunities - Criminal and Civil
3. Industrial Disputes - the Industrial Disputes Act,1947
4. State Regulation of Industrial Relations
5. Leading Cases: