1. Sources and Schools of Hindu Law
- 1.1. Evolution of the institution of marriage and family.
- 1.1.1 Schools and Sources of Hindu Law:the Mitakshara school and the Dayabhaga school or Bengal school.
- 1.1.2. Role of religious rituals and practices in marital relations
- 1.1.3. Types of family based upon
- 1.3.1. Lineage- patrilineal matrilineal
- 1.3.2. Authority structure- patriarchal and matriarchal
- 1.3.3. Location- patrilocal and matrilocal
- 1.3.4. Number of conjugal units - nuclear, extended, joint and composite.
2.Hindu Marriage-The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
3. Restitution of Conjugal Rights, Judicial separation, Divorce and maintenance
4. Adoption and Guardianship
5. Inheritance :The Hindu Succession Act 1956.
6. Leading Cases